Carers Support Bursary
APPS recognises that many of our members have primary caring responsibilities that may limit their access to opportunities for the development of their careers, such as participation in national or international conferences, workshops or symposia.
To address some of these challenges APPS has established the Carers Support Bursary to support primary carers with the cost of childcare or other care cost while presenting at a national or international conference.
Eligible care costs
The Carers Support Bursary can be used to support the cost of arranging alternative care to allow the APPS member to carry out these activities and where no other care arrangement or support is available. For example, the Bursary may be used towards the cost of additional days/hours for child care costs for dependent children or care costs for dependants other than children by a registered care provider.
A tax invoice/receipt will be required for all expenses claimed.
The Carers Travel Support Bursary is not to be used for:
- Existing child/care or other related costs of caring.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be a primary caregiver to a dependant (child, elderly parent, or a family member with a disability);
- Be an existing APPS member;
- Be planning to present at a national or international conference, workshop or symposia.
- Have applied for or already been granted approval from their institution (plus written notice from Supervisor if a student) to attend the conference.
Applying for grants
Applications are accepted throughout the year. Applicants can submit a Carers Support Bursary Application Form to the email@example.com at least 6 weeks prior to the event. (For the 2021 APPS Conference applications will close on the 11th of October 2021)
Payment of funds
Funds will be paid in the form of reimbursement upon receipts for the expenses.
Recipients will be required to submit a brief written report within 3 months of attending the conference describing the benefits and outcomes of this event.